Happy CNY

Its now the ninth day of CNY and also the marking of Hokkien CNY celebration.

According to my family, the reason the Hokkiens celebrate CNY today as the first due to their history.
It was during the war era, the hokkiens were trap somewhere inside to hide the terrorism or enemies.
Then they only manage to come out during the ninth da of CNY, and so in order to remember that day every hokkiens will have a praying ceremony with lots of foods and offerings to remember this day.

Up until today, we hokkiens still do this every ninth day of CNY at midnight the prayers begins. And on the eighth day night, most of the hokkiens will organize open house while waiting for the prayer time. And this year I didn't go back for the ninth. I spent it over at my high-school mate house. It was after a long time since I last met any of them.

The feelings were weird. I'm not familiar with them. They seems to be distance from me.
Anyhow, I guess we grow and not in the same Chanel as time goes by.

May this CNY bless everyone and bring happiness and prosperity to all.

Popular Posts