Tambayan @ Kainang Filipino, Api-api centre

Tambayan @ kainang filipino

Blk 3 Ground Flr, Api-api centre, Kota Kinabalu.

Email : tambayan_kk@yahoo.com

Food delivery : 016-8182008

We went mystery shopping the other day.. 

Then dropped by this restaurant for our lunch. I was starving since morning. I didn't had my breakfast lo.. 

I wanted to try this place like ever since i saw the restaurant but didn't have the chance as everytime also i have something urgent to do over there. 


Petrus came along with me for the mystery shopping since he had nothing to do. 

So well, i tarik him to go eat with me lo.. Hehe~ 


The interior was full of wood and nature look.

I kinda like the way they designed the place. 

Just that it was darn hot. It was not air-conditioned. 


Lechon Kawali @ crispy porkloin 

For those who tried Filipine cuisine before you should know that they love PORK ! 

So basically if you wanna have seafood there will be almost none lo.. 

We ordered the set for 2 which cost us RM24 for that set. 

1st was Lechon kawali or crispy porkloin. 

Well, it was a crispy dish but if only they will be more selective of their porkloin then it will be perfect. 

I don't like it when there are too much fats. 

I had to pick out the fats and then ate only the meat. 


sizzling kangkong

Next, the kangkong was just normal. 

I would prefer samabl balacan kangkong lo.. 

it seem like they overcooked the kangkong. 

if only they add lesser water then pick it up faster from the wok then it was nice. 


White rice with banana leaf

Well, the rice is nicer cooked. 

Love the way they served it. 

without even using plastic .

the banana leaf can further enhanced the rice.


sinigang baboy @ Pork Tamarind soup

Among the dishes.. 

I love the most is the pork tamarind soup. 

it was the sourness that make me fall in love. 

those who don't have appetite to eat should definitely order this. 

It was the best soup available. 

Yum yum!! 


The menu

I like the way they bind the menu too. 

At 1st i thought it was a table mat but then when we opened it,

it was THE MENU. 

Looking good... 

I saw in the menu they do delivery also but i'm not sure how far la.. 

can try call and ask. 

and they do catering as well. 

for those who love filipino cuisine then maybe u can have ur tryout here. 



Popular Posts