Fat Spoon @ Uptown

Ken suggested to celebrate my birthday in Fat Spoon @ Uptown. 
I was surprise and happy that for once, I were not the one making the choices or decision. 

Some people might not notice Fat Spoon as they have a low profile shop tag. 
It is as the same roll as wondermilk & Hello Deer. 

The first thing I saw on the outside was a junk shop. 
They have all the junk being put together into a concept cafe. 
Creative and saving cost. 
It was already full house when we reach there at 7.30pm. 
But we put down our name and went off to get my cakes. 
Turned out we had the table is like 30mins. 

 Ken ordered the passion fruit and im the Hot chocolate.
Apparently this hot chocolate is just so-so. Nothing to shout about. And i think cadbury hot chocolate tasted better than theirs. 

However, the passion fruit blended was awesome! 
The freshly blended passion fruit was full of fragrant. 


Above is the pumpkin fritters that sounded special but was not as good as i thought. 
Maybe they should cut it in bigger size, something like chips. 
It was a bit too oily and also slight soggy for me. 


The Perut Ikan. 
Ken smell the assam from the moment he went in so he was determined to order this dish. 
However, the taste was a disappointment. 
It was sour, but the flavor was not fully develop. 
The fish was too dry for our liking. 
They can do better, i believe. 


This is the Moo-Moo Burger. 
It has Mouth-watery looks. 
The meat was sirloin steak. 
The sauce combination with the meat was simply AWESOME!!!
The saltiness of the sauce was just nice. 


Meat was tender with the juice of the meat & sauce linger in my mouth after I took the first bite.
The taste stick in my memory after the second bite.
And the rest was history that I would like to repeat.
It comes together with fries that I dont appreciate.
Just give the damn burger and Im a happy girl.
:)



The Nasi Goreng Ulam with curry chicken. 
Jason just shake his head when i asked him how was it ? 
Just ask me to forget about it. 
I cant believe his taste hence i tried. 
My goodness, the curry chicken was like water-tasteless-maybe colored only curry. 
The fried rice was normal. 
Too normal for us to pay that price. 
Would rather pay mamak for Nasi Goreng & Curry chicken. 
Another disappointment. 


The Noodles Soup. 
It was a normal-standard-wont go wrong-dish. 
Hence it was just OKay La~~

Overall experience, we love the ambience. 
We love the friendly staffs. 
We love the drinks. 
But the foods, they need to upgrade their quality. 

Popular Posts