A Guru. A Teacher.

Just finish watching God of Study. A Korean drama.
Cried lots.
Surprise me was before this I wasn't a person that will sit down and watch drama.
It happen once every semester when I am having my final exam.
Maybe because my mind didn't want me to study. Or i shut my brain from studying.

This drama, teach us about studying. How 5 kids under special supervision went from D student to A student.
Went to know nothing to know themselves.
Went to hi-bye friends to close-to-heart friends.
Hatred to love.
Strangers to teacher.

The way they learn and such made me think back my primary school time.
One of the teacher inside the drama said : "I want to be a teacher that students will miss".
That made me thought back my primary class teacher.
Mdm Tan BH.
She was my class-teacher for both Yr 4 and 6.
She was the well-known dinosaur teacher in the school.
I didn't expect to be so bad till i tried her.

No one can get less than full marks.
If not, you will be getting your punishments.
Full of homeworks everyday for you to complete at home.
Spellings for chinese proverbs everyday.
Copying articles everyday.
Writing and compositions.
Math the worst, no wrong-doing for even one question.
Bring all books everyday.

It was like hell for me.
I was being me. Lazy. And never wanted to finish any homework.
I always get from her.
From canning to standing outside of the classroom.
I was stubborn.

I used to hate her a lot.
She made us do this little book that write down all our homework of the day.
Then after completion, we need to get our parents to sign for us.
I did a few times then i faked the signatures myself.
Since no one would find out.
But she did.

She is a smart woman.
Pretty petite woman.
But am tough, strict teacher.

Because of her, i started to finish up my homework from time to time.
I used to wake up in the middle of the night just to finish up her homework.
I didn't sleep due to memorizing those proverbs and spellings.
I was promoted to a better class in Yr 5.
But i slacked again. And i dropped back to her class.

This time in Yr 6, she won't let anything go.
She reinforced in not only Chinese, English but also Math.
Everything must be perfect just like the drama i watched just now.

I must really say thanks to her that i get to where i am now.
Whenever i think of her, i think of hardship and hardwork.
From hardwork, you can achieve what you wanna achieve!
Thank you teacher!

I am sorry that I was such a problem to you back then.
I really thank you for teaching me.
Another secret was I never like my Yr 5 class. The teachers and students where snobbish.
You are one teacher that i felt really bring out your sincerity in teaching.
And I appreciate that.

Popular Posts