Pan mee

A stall in petaling street.
I think it was a few door next and opposite to "wo lai ye"
Sorry, didn't get the address but the stall open from 9am - 6pm.
depends on how much customer do they have.
They don't have a particular holiday, open almost everyday but the aunty told me that she will be mostly visiting her son in hong kong during year end for christmas.

Pan mee RM3.70 (RM3.20 student price + egg RM0.50)

I ordered the pan mee as I was always in love with it. Can't resist any pan mee if it was around. Foong Kee said that this stall served very good pan mee and yes I do agree. The soup was clear not I don't think they use MSG a lot because I didn't feel anything funny after that. Unfortunately, after my photo snapping my 'ikan bilis' went soft. Foong kee said it was usually crispy when it 1st served unlike the other stall. Yes, I do agree for a bit but nowadays I usually get crispy 'ikan bilis' already.

The other ingredient

Then there came the egg. Wow, it wasn't totally cooked and foong kee was furious when i ate that. She was disgusted by the non fully cooked egg (she ate only cooked egg). But i enjoyed it though. I wasn't surprised that this stall doesn't know how to poach a perfect egg in the pan mee. Most stall have no such knowledge hence it was a bit hard for me to find a truly nice pan mee and egg together. It will either be perfect egg or good pan mee. Of course i opt for the last.

Pan mee by another stall

The noodles were chewy and they were really generous on the portion. They gave me a big portion that i thought they gave me a big order. Imagine if someone ordered the large set?!!?


Pan mee RM3.50(s) RM4.00(L) normal price

Then the pork bits was of course a must in the pan mee. If you're a big fan of penang style pan mee (i don't know whether is it called that but that was what i got from penang stall ) then this will be a rather disappointment because they don't put "mani chai" (this is in hokkien) in it. I kinda liked that though. It would good if they gave us choice.

Sign board

Got to talk to the aunty that day. She said she sold noodles there for more than 20yrs already. It all started with her mum then her sister and her another sister and eventually no one else wanted to sell so she took over another opposite her stall that sold mixed rice and fried bee hoon in the wee morning.



The other food they provide

She would reached the stall at around 4am. Then her and the her husband will cook for the day. She was lacked of people to help her and that's why she can't open the pan mee stall so early in the morning or else she already gotten everything done.

Foong kee had the yee mee and i tasted the soup. Wow, they used 'bak kut teh' for their yee mee.It tasted nice .However i thought the pork was a bit too rough for my liking.

The stall i ate in and the uncle was the cook !!

Her other son was helping her out in the stall. Oh ya, I forgot to tell you that theyhave student price almost for everything. I thought it would be a good idea because lots of student hang around there. I spotted the economy rice next to pan mee . They served a huge variety of food. But foong kee said their soup was the best. Hence that will most probably be my next target.

Popular Posts