Pick n' Brew @ 1utama

Pick n' brew 

F233, 1st flr Promenade, 1 utama shopping centre. Tel : 03-77260102 Email :info@picknbrew.com

The entrance!! 

My belated birthday treat from my lil sister. If you wonder why so late?? It is because I was so busy in the month of August with lots of school farewell then september was full of family functions and gathering hence we decided to celebrate it now. Which was yesterday. 

My sister gave a budget and I get to choose whatever place I want to go and since I wanted to try Pick n' brew so long ago.. So you know why now right?? 

I read some good review on this place as well.. Thought of trying it and they have this set lunch now which was RM28+ for "a soup of the day + one main course + coffee/tea".

Soup of the day -- Potato and leek

I think the price was reasonable. 1st the place was nice. 2nd the service was good as well. Efficient. 

My sister = poser!!

They served Ahmad tea here instead of the normal BOH or LIPTON. I think it tasted quite the same . 

Here comes Our soup, potato and leek. The 1st taste was quite bland. But me and sister agree that the soup turned out to be more flavorful after each attempt. It was okay after a while. Still I would prefer a stronger taste. 

Grilled chicken with pimentos and sweet potatoes

Next was her chicken and my fish. Let's talk about chicken 1st. Well.. It comes with sweet potato which my sister thought it was pumpkin!! I think her taste bud has problem. Anyway I thought that was a good idea to put in the sweet potato. It wasn't the normal kind of dish.. Creative i would say. 

A close look!! Yumy!!

And It turned out to be GOOD. The chicken still have a bit pinkish on it which showed they didn't overcooked it. The meat wasn't rough and hard rather it was chewy!! Like the texture of the chicken. Oh ya, and pimentos means capsicum. I found out in the dictionary!! hehe~

My sis and her dish!! 

Next stop, The Fish !! Florentine means a dish that serve with spinach. Again, i found that in online dictionary. Hehe~ 

Well, I always love fish but some of you might know i HATE fish that have this earthy taste!! Some fish do, mind you. But this fish here.. It looked liked dory fish to me. It does not had that problem. The fish was firm. My sister said it doesn't tasted liked fish. Maybe because it was firm. 

Me and mine!! Pretty kan?? hehe~

The butter flavor with the spinach was creamy yet not "geli". I love the combination of spinach and butter and then add on to the fish. The threesome combination was fantastic. The cherry tomato was too sour though. But nevermind that. 

Fish florentine

Somehow, the taste reminds me of something... But til now I can't remember where i  tasted it before. 

Actually i knew that Surein worked there.. Just wanted to give him a surprise but too bad he didn't notice me even I sat in front of the customer that he was serving. In the end, i need to go up to him and then he didn't reconized me at once. Took him about 3s to reconize me. Sad!! 

This wasn't here when i came for seoul garden the other day.

Surein and me

Anyway in the end we chatted and took a very ugly photo!! Sigh... Nice to see him again after so long in Penang. 

Me and my sister went for a movie later. I finally watch Mamma Mia!!! 

It was a nice show if you like musical and a huge ABBA fans. Like tzu ting said it was kinda like bollywood la.. But I don't think so. I wasn't an ABBA fans so I don't know most of the song except Dancing queen which also i heard it from A teens not ABBA. Kinda sad right?? And I still like colin Firth although he turned GAY in the end. Pierce Bosnan was as HOT as ever!!


Popular Posts